Recently, the ORIC Director, Dr. Daniel Vasgird, attended and presented at the 4th World Conference on Research Integrity in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. You can read the WVU Today article about the conference at http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/n/2015/06/18/wvu-official-joins-international-research-leaders-to-discuss-ethics-and-compliance or access a PowerPoint of Dr. Vasgird’s presentation here .June 13, 2015 – KC IRB Update
Information Technology Services appreciates your patience with this weekend’s outage of the WVU+kc (Kuali Coeus) electronic research administration system. The following enhancements were included in this update:
- Character count added to text boxes
- Automatic emails will be sent 45, 30, and 15 to notify PI that protocol is expiring
- Automatic email sent on day of protocol expiration to notify PI that protocol expired and all work should cease until a renewal is approved
- IRB reviewers able to see all reviewer comments associated with a protocol
- Approval message added for unit approvers outlining what their approval signifies
- CITI training field on Personnel page shows most recent training not entire history of trainings
- Amendment/renewal merging bug fixed
- Printing error bug fixed
- Added ability to print renewals and amendments questionnaires
- Administrative fixes for the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance
- Inactivated old versions/copied protocols
Information Technology Services appreciates your patience with this weekend’s outage of the WVU+kc (Kuali) system. We’ve been working throughout this academic year to eliminate bugs and to improve the features and functionality.
We appreciate your feedback and will be soliciting comments again in the near future to identify other enhancements that will let WVU+kc better meet your needs. In this round of improvements:
- Renewal letters updated to include action date, latest approval date, original approval date and expiration date.
- Personnel added via amendments automatically receive viewer rights on Permissions page.
- Email search usable on Person Lookup page.
Refine IRB Protocol Questionnaires
IACUC module back-office implementation
If you would like help on creating your IRB protocol, please visit the IRB Protocol Tips or call 304-293-7073.