For any submission of an IRB (human subjects) protocol amendment that occurs within two weeks prior to the protocol’s expiration date, we will now send a new communication to you. Submitting an amendment so close to the expiration date may put the protocol in jeopardy of expiring before the renewal process is completed. Therefore, this communication will ask you if you would like to delete the amendment and instead submit a renewal. Doing so will streamline the process for the research team. The renewal form contains an option where the research team can make changes.March 19, 2015 – IRB Protocol Tips
If you would like help on creating your IRB protocol, please visit the IRB Protocol Tips or call 304-293-7073.February 23, 2015 – KC IRB Update
Information Technology Services appreciates your patience with this weekend’s outage of the WVU+kc research administration system. You will see the following enhancements:
- Using wildcard searching (* or %) is no longer necessary for lead unit field. Enter name of department, or part of the department name, and all associated results will display.
- Copy protocol action will copy all questionnaire answers for protocols using the new questionnaire implemented after the August 2014 upgrade.
- Completed CITI training courses will display on the Personnel page for each person who has been associated with a protocol.
- Permissions are editable at all times for all protocol types.
- Amendment/renewal approval letters indicate the board of review in the body of the letter.
- Review type of protocol is included in the email subject line that goes to a reviewer when assigned to review a protocol.
- If an amendment/renewal has already been created, the option to create another one will not be available until the current amendment/renewal has been approved.
- The most recent date of completion for CITI training will now available in the personnel tab. This is an opportunity to confirm that all personnel’s CITI training is up-to-date prior to submission.
As always, please contact @ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu or call (304) 293-4444 if you need assistance.